Goodwill Action Network
Thank you for your interest in becoming a community partner in the Goodwill Action Network. Due to overwhelming interest, we have reached our capacity for the time being. We will begin accepting applications at a later date. Thank you for your understanding.
Goodwill operates on the principle of offering Connecticut residents a “hand-up, not a handout.” Our programs and services are designed to assist people in overcoming barriers, allowing them to achieve greater self-sufficiency and independence. Donations to Goodwill and their subsequent sale in our stores helps to provide the means to achieve our mission.
There are times, however, when a temporary handout is needed to help families through difficult times. To help our communities meet this need, Goodwill partners with local non-profit agencies, schools and social service agencies to provide emergency assistance to their clients. Approved partners are invited to request $20 gift cards allowing their clients to purchase much-needed clothing or household items from our stores.
Goodwill's Action Network is made possible due to our many generous donors.
Goodwill Action Network Guidelines
- Organizations must be located within Goodwill's service territory. View our territory here.
- Gift cards are issued to pre-qualified partners, not to individuals.
- Gift cards are valid at stores operated by Goodwill of Western and Northern Connecticut. View a list of locations here.
- A maximum of 5 gift cards per partner, per quarter to be awarded.
- A limited number of applications will be accepted per quarter.
- Lost or stolen gift cards are not replaceable.
- We request that a maximum of (2) gift cards per client to be distributed at a time.
- Goodwill of Western and Northern Connecticut reserves the right to change or alter this program at any time.
How to apply
Organizations that would like to request Goodwill gift cards must complete the online application below. The online application will only be available only when we are accepting new submissions. Note that a copy of your IRS 501c3 approval letter must be attached to the application, if applicable. Mailed or faxed requests will not be accepted. No phone calls, all interested parties should complete the application.
Upon receipt and approval of the completed application, Goodwill will determine the number of gift cards to be sent to your agency. You may make one request per quarter, per the calendar year.
Gift cards do not expire, and there are no purchase restrictions. Note that Goodwill will track the redemption of the gift cards distributed to you, and may use this information when taking subsequent requests for cards into the approval process. Please request only the amount of cards for which you have an immediate need.